Finding the right words to express your compassion, support, and understanding during times of grief and sorrow can be very hard. If you don’t have any clue or idea on what to write, in this article you can find some warm sympathy quotes and condolence messages you can use to comfort a grieving friend or family member.
Words of sympathy and condolences are comforting words shared with someone who has suffered the loss of a loved one. When sending condolences quotes it is often hard to know exactly what to say or how to show your feelings and thoughts. Even though it’s not an easy task, it’s very important to reach out to the grieving person and try to comfort and support them. Your words can’t take away the pain of losing a loved one, but they will surely go a long way toward helping your grieving friend feel loved and supported.
When writing bereavement messages, it’s very important to select your words carefully, because the recipient is grieving the loss of a loved one. If you want you can always keep your condolences messages simple and short. There are many reasons to keep a sympathy card short – it could be that you didn’t know the deceased well or maybe the message has already expressed all that you wanted to say. Whatever, the reason, you can keep your condolence letter short but warm and thoughtful. However, if you knew and respected the deceased, be sure to let your recipient know that. You can also include an offer to help them with arrangements, meals, or housework – they will surely appreciate your care and support.
We have compiled a list of some appropriate sympathy messages just to give you guidelines on what to write in a sympathy card. We hope that our tips and ideas will help you to write and share your heartfelt caring with someone who is going through a time of grief. You can combine some of these phrases and write what feels comfortable to you, but keep in mind that your condolence message should always come from the heart . Your grieving friend is certainly going to appreciate that you are honoring their loss and sharing their grief.
Short Condolence Messages
- You are always in my thoughts.
- We are thinking of you during this difficult times of grief.
- My heart goes out to you in your time of grief and sorrow.
- Remember that we love and care about you.
- As you grieve know that I am praying for your and honoring the life and memory of “name of the deceased”.
- We pray that the love of God enfolds you during your times of grief.
- Please accept our most heartfelt condolences for your loss…our thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
- Sending much love and thoughts of sympathy and support as you begin your journey without “name of deceased”.
- Words seem inadequate to express the pain and sadness we feel about your loss. We are here to support you in your times of grieving.
- We are praying that your heart and soul finds peace and comfort.
- Wishing you courage to face the days ahead and sending you thoughts of sympathy and comfort.
- Our prayers are for you during this sorrowful time.
Condolence Message Examples
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this sad times. May the Lord hold you in his loving arms and give you peace and faith.
- Our condolences to you and your family on the passing of “name of deceased”. It is never easy to lose a loved one, so we pray for your peace and comfort.
- Words are never adequate in difficult moments like these. Our heart goes out to you, and we will always remember the wonderful memories that we are privileged to have in knowing your “the name of deceased”.
- My condolences to you at this sad time. Your “name of deceased” was a wonderful person. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
- There are no words to express our sorrow for your loss. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.
- Praying that the Lord will give you strength during this difficult time.
- My sincere condolences. May you find comfort and the strength to cope with the loss of your dear one.
- In this time of grief where a life of a loved one is lost, remember that you have friends who wish to comfort you the most.
- Accepting a loss of a dear one is really difficult, but is just another test of faith. God only gives us trials lesser than our strength and assistance beyond our eyes can see. My deepest condolences to you and your family.
- May the love of your family and the support from your friends help you through the journey ahead.
- We never expected that death could catch “name of deceased” that fast, but I hope that you will remain strong and faithful in this sudden loss. My heart goes out to you in this trying time.
- Please accept my most sincere sympathies for the loss of your “name of deceased”. May the prayers of all people who love you bring solace to your soul.
- God has his own reasons of taking back an angel He so miss in heaven. I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your “name of deceased”.
- I don’t know how to ease your pain, but I hope that these flowers remind you of the beauty of life that your “name of deceased” still wants you to see.
- Now, the angels in heaven rejoice as a wonderful soul has finally made its way home! My sincere condolences to you and your family.
- We can’t imagine what you are feeling right now, but let us share our heartfelt condolence.
- Today and always, may loving memories of “name of deceased” bring you peace, comfort, and strength.
- I know this must be a very difficult and demanding time for you. Please know that I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
- My deepest sympathies to you and your family. May the soul of your “name of deceased” be at peace with our Heavenly Father.
As a winged guardian of simplicity with facts as my mightiest arrows, I draw inspiration from all that surrounds me: music, books, fashion and all my daily battles.