Do you miss those times at the beginning of your relationship, when you could spend hours and hours just talking about everything and you never run out of interesting things to say? You may have had compatible interests in the past, but have you kept up with each other’s changing interests?
At the start of a new relationship, there seems to be an endless number of interesting conversation topics the couples can share. But sooner or later, there comes a point in the relationship when it seems there is very little left to discover about your partner and things are predictable and quite boring. However, there’s no reason to feel bored in your relationship when you can spice up your love life with just a few conversation questions and cute romantic sayings that will surely peak your partner’s interest. Not to mention the fact that you will learn some new things about your partner that you never knew.
We all know that good communication is essential to every relationship or marriage. If you miss those times when you and your partner were fascinated with each other and had many common interests to talk about, it’s probably time to revive the consideration and interest you once shared in your conversations.
There are so many ways to make your conversations great and interesting again. Talk about your feelings, your motivation, your goals, and your beliefs and you will become emotionally connected to each other. Make an extra effort to talk about topics that your partner finds interesting, even if it means that you need to spend some time educating yourself on those topics. Your partner should also try to develop an understanding of your favorite topics of conversation. There is so much to know about each other, so you will never get to know it all.
Interests change over the years, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t revive your relationship and establish a closer connection with your partner. Here is a list of some amazing conversation starters that will get you talking and learning more about each other. So, pour yourselves a drink, sit down and together with your partner thoughtfully answer a few of the following questions.
Conversation Questions For Romantic Discussions
1. What is your dream vacation destination?
This is one of the greatest topics of conversation between couples. You or your partner can reflect on past vacations or perhaps some that you shared. Also, planning for future vacations is always fun and provides an almost endless topic.
2. How do you picture your life in ten years?
This is another great conversation starter because it allows you to discuss your similarities or differences when it comes to the future. However, stay away from sensitive topics like finances or children.
3. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Talk about the most embarrassing moments you’ve experienced and then decide whose was worse. It’s always fun to talk about the grossest or the dumbest things you ever had to do.
4. What was the first thing that attracted you to me?
Discussing the first impressions of each other is always a fun topic. Talk about the wonderful early days of your relationship and rediscover what exactly drew you to each other.
5. What kind of things do you consider romantic?
This is the best way to find out which are the most romantic things you can do for your partner, that he/she’d like and would appreciate from you. This conversation starter could actually lead to a romantic date night and you’ll get to spend fun, quality time together.
6. What is your biggest sexual fantasy?
If things are getting dull, spice up your relationship by talking about your wildest sexual fantasies. Both men and women fantasize a lot and they all dream of making their fantasies come true. Sharing your deepest erotic fantasies can bring you closer, so get to find out each other’s secret wishes and bring your sexual fantasies to life.
Below are some more suggestions for effective conversation starters:
7. If you won a million dollars what would you do with the money?
8. If you could have superpowers what would they be?
9. What are your greatest fears in life?
10. What are the three things you are most thankful for in your life right now?
11. What is the one thing you would like to change about yourself?
12. What type of clothing do you love seeing me wear?
13. What gives you “butterflies”?
14. What motivates you the most in life and what makes you feel discouraged?
15. What was your favorite book or movie as a child?
16. Who was your childhood best friend?
17. What are you most and least proud of in life?
18. What did you want to be when you were a little kid?
19. Which actor/actress or singer was your childhood crush?
20. Describe the best day of your life so far?
21. If you were describing me to someone else, what would you say about me?
22. When do you feel most vulnerable?
23. Name a dream that you never shared or thought possible?
24. Describe your perfect day – what would you do?
25. How can I make you a better person?
26. What can we do as a couple to change the world we live in?
27. If you had to give me a funny nickname based on my personality, what would it be?
28. If you could have witnessed any historical event, which one would you choose?
29. What do you consider to be your greatest weaknesses and strengths?
30. What would you most like people to remember you for after you die?
The depth of any relationship or marriage is defined by how well you and your partner can read each other’s minds. When asking these personal questions, always pay close attention to what you hear. These questions are meant to encourage meaningful conversations which can serve to create a deep bond between you and your partner. Keep in mind that a relationship begins simply with physical attraction and mutual interests, but love grows through actions we take, through understanding and through good communication.