Everybody enjoys a good laugh, but nobody wants to be the reason for that. Like it or not, once in a while, somewhere, somehow, somebody is going to attacks your personality – there’s no escape from that. Although you cannot change other people’s behavior, you can darn sure change the way you react to it. You know what they say: If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em, so you might as well jump on the bandwagon.
Mentally, we are all made of the same substances: ego, desire, sense of humor, sense of self and others, defensiveness, yet, some get to pull it off better than others when it comes to conversations and standing up for one’s point of view. If you are one of those people that come up with the best comebacks only after it is too little too late and you want to make good comebacks your best ally, don’t wait until you learn it the hard way – stay tuned and we’ll make sure that you’ve learned by heart more than a few by the time you’re done reading this article.
When somebody insults you, your brain is working just like when looking for answers for good riddles. It is trying to access its file with good phrases, but the process seems to be as if looking for a needle in a haystack. The solution for this is to make a quick evaluation of whether what was said was truly offensive and you need mean comebacks, or maybe it was just a witty joke. By diving your choices between good comebacks for jerks, or just for a few witty smirks, you’ll get quicker in the process and after a little while, you’ll be able to throw good comebacks in an argument with style!
In order to put the money where the mouth is, here’s our list of 15 insults and comebacks you can use when someone is trying to wear a crown by putting you down.
Best Comebacks and Insults
- Your brain must feel good as new, since you never even use it, isn’t that true?
- If there’s one thing you can do to give your life a meaning, you can help scientists prove that evolution can go in reverse.
- I must try to think of you more often. It helps me remember that the garbage needs to be thrown out.
- Make sure you check your nose once in a while, ten people found it in their business today!
- Hi there, they called from the circus – they want their clown back!
- I am tempted to slap you, but I don’t want to make your face look better!
- I understand why you don’t speak your mind – if you did, you’d be speechless!
- Is your name Google? Then why are you acting like you know everything?
- Well, I guess it’s true what they say. Shit happens – just look at your face!
- If there is a zombie apocalypse, you’d be safe! They are looking for brains!
- I see you keep rolling your eyes. Well, maybe you’ll find a brain back there!
- You need to check eBay and see if they have a life for sale.
- I want to insult you, but I cannot surpass the insult you got by nature at birth!
- It is no surprise why I’m smart and you’re just fat. I pick up books like you pick up sweets!
- Your day was a complete waste of makeup!
Sometimes when you are hanging with your friends, they might start messing with you just for the sake of having fun. This usually occurs within nerdy groups of people, much like in The Big Bang Theory. However, it does not mean that you have to sit through it and put up with their mean insults quietly; friends can sometimes get even nastier than your biggest arch-nemesis and belittle your comebacks with their own good rude comebacks for hours until you’re so fed up, you wish you hadn’t gone out.
As a winged guardian of simplicity with facts as my mightiest arrows, I draw inspiration from all that surrounds me: music, books, fashion and all my daily battles.