Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a common intestinal disorder. 1/3rd population of the United State of America has been suffering from irritable bowel syndrome. It can be called dysfunctional bowel movement. Irregular movement of bowel causes IBS.
Symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
A patient with IBS can face severe types of the following symptoms;
- Abdominal cramps
- Back pain
- Chest pain
- Mucus with stool
- Blood in stool
Symptoms of IBS can be controlled only for a time; after some period, these symptoms may appear again. It is not considered perilous because it does not lead towards death like colon cancer. But it can suck your whole life. More than 20% of the world population has been suffering from irritable bowel syndrome.
Types of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
There are several types of irritable bowel syndrome. Here we will take a look at a few different types:
- IBS-C: Irritable bowel syndrome with dominated constipation is called IBS-C. Constipated IBS has various symptoms like hard stool, delayed bowel movement. Moreover, a patient with IBS-C can face the pain like abdominal pain.
- IBS-D: Irritable bowel syndrome with dominated diarrhea is called IBS-D. Frequent and prevalent bowel movement is the main sign of irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea. Moreover, the stool of a patient has white color mucus in it. Accordingly, it brings discomfort and abdominal pain with itself.
- IBS-A: It is another type of irritable bowel syndrome. In IBS-A, the patient may suffer from diarrhea and constipation alternatively. It is the very rare type of IBS but IBS-A is the most dangerous type.
Causes of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Causes of irritable bowel syndrome may vary from person to person but there are various common causes which are the main reasons for IBS.
- If the movement of intestinal muscles is not regular, then IBS may be a result
- Dysfunctional digestive system
- Increase in the number of harmful bacteria in the gut
- A decrease in the number of microflora which is beneficial bacteria
- Slow digestion process
Triggers of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
The following are some of the meals which may be frequently triggering for IBS. So, you should avoid that food.
Dairy Milk and Products:
Main triggers of irritable bowel syndrome are dairy milk and all dairy products. Furthermore, dairy milk contains lactose which is very dangerous for the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Moreover, products of dairy milk are also perilous for IBS patients. So try to avoid dairy products whenever possible.
Red meat is also considered one of the most common triggers. It is very difficult for your body to digest red meat, yet alone when you have this syndrome. In addition, a large portion of red meat has fats in large quantity. Try to reduce fat in your meat to mitigate the symptom of IBS.
Some studies suggest that egg yolk is very dangerous for IBS patients. It contains a large amount of fat which may worsen the IBS situation more.
Onion and Garlic
Usually, vegetables are very beneficial for our digestion. But onion and garlic are poison for the patients of irritable bowel syndrome. Onion and garlic may increase and be bloating and cramps.
Fired and Fatty foods
Fried and fatty foods may aggravate IBS. Fried foods are hard to digest and may create inflammation. Moreover, having eaten fried and fatty foods, people drink carbonated drinks. Which is also not good for IBS. Carbonated drinks are the great sources of bloating and IBS symptoms.
High FODMAP Diet
There are a lot of foods which are present in high FODMAP list. However, alcohol, chocolate, and fried food are supposed to be on the top of the high FODMAP list. These high FODMAP diets are the main triggers of IBS.
A cure for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Most of the health blogs are telling you that cure of IBS is non-existent. Interestingly, they are telling a lie. Cure of IBS is possible if you are willing to get rid of IBS. I will now tell you 4 easy steps to cure IBS at home. Let’s start.
- Write a Diary: Write a diary about your food intake. Trace the main triggers of your IBS in your food. It is very easy to trace the triggers in food. Just write everything you eat, and put that food into your dustbin after that you have to face severe IBS attack.
- Eat at your home: Try to cook and eat at your home. Foods in a hotel are unhygienic and have a negative impact on your health. So, try to avoid unhygienic food and eat healthy foods only.
- Drink more water: Drinking more water can save you from a severe IBS attack. So drink 15 to 18 glass of water in a day. Drinking more water in a day is especially beneficial for IBS-D and IBS-C type.
- Exercise: Reserve 15 to 20 minutes for daily exercise. In a daily exercise, you can do a morning walk, Yoga, swimming, cycling and many more. I’d suggest you to do yoga daily. Yoga relaxes your gut and it also helps to reduce the stress of your routine life.