“Truth or Dare” is the one game to rule them all (games). The one game to bring them all (friends) together and in embarrassment, awkwardness, fun and laughter bind them. This social game is incredibly popular among children, teens and even adults, as its course depends on the truth or dare questions players ask. Truth or Dare is also known for its potential to immediately change the atmosphere at an almost unbearably-mundane party.
Although it is known as an ice-breaking game, Truth or Dare promises a whale of a time for old friends as well. What puts this game above all other social games is its ability to break down the ice and get people closer, wrapped up in an incredibly fun hour, or two, or more. If there’s a question for a friend that’s been troubling your mind for a while and you always lacked courage to ask, add it on your list of truth questions and set a date for a game of truth and dare questions.
If you start wondering why would an adult, like you, ever want to be a part of a game called Truth or Dare, think of it as an opportunity to say things or ask questions you’d never say out loud or pose to your friends. This game does not make you any more childish than you already are, but it does help you strengthen your bond with your friends in a pretty unusual way.
Disclaimer: Please, if you’re not an adult, don’t go beyond this point of our article, because the following truth and dare questions are not intended for you. Not because of inappropriate content, but simply because you will most certainly fail to recognize the fun-factor they hold. Before we provide some awesome truths and dares for your fun night, we need to make sure that you’re familiar with the rules.
A Brief Reminder of the Rules of Truth or Dare
For all of you who forgot how to play this classic game of Truth or Dare or maybe never played it (which is very unlikely), let me break it down for you in the simplest way possible. To start the game, you need at least 2 players who are not afraid of being embarrassed by answering truthfully to some difficult questions or completing a weird dare. In turns, each player gets to choose between answering a question (truth) or performing a challenge (dare).
The fun starts as soon as you randomly choose the first player (player 1) to ask “truth or dare?” to another player (player 2). If player 2 chooses “truth”, player 1 is due to pose a question, which player 2 MUST answer truthfully, regardless of how awkward or revealing it is. If player 2 chooses “dare”, player 1 must dare them to do something, such as call their dad and tell him that they love him, with the rest of the players there to witness the touching father-son moment.
What if someone doesn’t like the dare or refuses to answer the truth? There are two ways to deal with this kind of situations. The first one is to avoid this kind of scenario by ruling out a few, overly awkward topics for most of you (for example, financial and sexual). The other way is to rule out any player as soon as he\she disrespects the rules of the game.
Once player 2 answers the question or performs the dare, now he\she gets to ask “Truth or dare?” to someone else, and so the game proceeds. Since most players find it easier to answer a question than performing a challenge, I’d suggest you to add a rule that limits all players to choosing a total of 5 truths each. This way, there will be a lot more dares and consequently, more unforgettable moments.
One popular way to play this game is with a bottle. To play the spin-the-bottle-version of Truth or Dare, all of you need is to be seated in a circle, with a bottle in the center. The first player to spin the bottle is chosen randomly, while all the next targets depend on the spinning bottle. The direction at which the cap of the bottle is pointed chooses the next player to be asked “truth or dare?”, which is also the next player to spin the bottle, and so on.
Truth or Dare Questions for Adults
- What is your weirdest habit that nobody knows?
- Which movie has made you cry like a little baby after you turned 18?
- If you were given the ability to fly, where would you go first?
- If you were to choose between the girl\boy and the car from your dreams, what would your choice be?
- Tell me one of the worst pick-up line that you have used.
- What is your biggest fear in a relationship?
- What was the most embarrassing moment in your life?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve done in high school?
- Have you ever spent a whole day without wearing underwear?
- What do you prefer, a perfect date or a perfect day from morning til night?
- Which movie do you hate the most?
- What is your spouse’s/husband’s first impression on you?
- If you were to kiss your favorite part of your partner, what would that be?
- Have you ever thought of me as a loser, failure or a stupid person?
- Which body part of yourself would you have fixed?
- What would you do if you had only 24 hours left to live?
- What is the personality trait of yours that you despise the most?
- Would you still love your partner if he\she double her weight?
- Have you ever lied to your partner’s parents?
- Describe a failed handshake with one of your friends.
- Publish the most embarrassing picture of you taken recently, captured: “I love me”.
- Go grab a pack of beer from the nearest market, dressed in clothes from the opposite pole.
- Make an impression of your favorite actor.
- Eat a spoonful of cinnamon.
- Act like a prisoner who has just escaped from a prison.
- Send a text to a randomly chosen friend from your Friends-list on Messenger.
- Demonstrate your flirting skills to an imaginary lover.
- Say the alphabet in backward order in less than a minute.
- Make an impression of an old man/woman, entering a drug store and asking for a condom.
- Go to the nearest market and buy a beer for everyone.
- Act like the opposite sex for the rest of the game.
- Brush someone else’s teeth with your bare fingers.
- Show us your dance moves you do at night clubs.
- Act like some of the players until someone guess who are you making an impression of.
- For lads: Put on some makeup. For ladies: wash off your make up.
- Talk in a British accent for 5 rounds.
- Let all players write a small symbol on your face and don’t wash it until the game’s over.
- Get out on the street and sing the U.S. National anthem as loud as you can.
- Make all of your profiles on social media public for a whole week.
- Make a voice impression of Gollum from Lord of the Rings.
One does not simply dominate Truth or Dare without preparing both truth and dare questions beforehand. Therefore, make sure you have prepared yourself a wide list of both truth questions and dare questions for each of your friends/opponents. Keep in mind that the type of questions and dares you pose to each other depends on the level of comfort and closeness you share with the entire group awfully a lot. Feel free to print off all of our questions and use them the next time you play Truth or Dare.
All words have super powers, but the way you mix them defines your creative hour. I am fueled by wide-eyed interest in any topic, laser beam phrases and style most simple, yet enigmatic.